Few Facts First
- 82% of internet traffic will be video by 2022 (Cisco). That’s only a few months away!
- 72% of consumers prefer to watch a video about a product than read a product description (HubSpot).
- And people don’t just visit YouTube. They spend significant amounts of time there. In fact, people watch 1 billion hours of YouTube videos every day (YouTube). (That’s more than Netflix and Facebook videos combined!)
- The average user spends 40 minutes per day watching YouTube… just on mobile devices (comscore).
- Not surprisingly, more businesses are using video as part of their marketing campaigns. 86% of businesses now use video to help market their product and services (WyzOwl).
How do You Develop a Video Marketing Strategy?
Back in the day, the video was a tactic that you threw into your content marketing now and again.
But to succeed with video marketing today, it’s important to have a solid strategy that you can use.
Your video marketing strategy should include:
- Researching your customer’s pain points
- Developing topics that solve your customer’s problems
- Outlining or scripting out your video content
- Developing a unique look and feel for your brand’s videos
- Shooting and editing your videos
- Incorporating videos into your text-based marketing content
- Distributing your videos on social media and dedicated video platforms (like YouTube)
- Measuring the results of your videos
- Improving your content strategy based on data and feedback from your target audience
What type of videos usually appear on the Google Video SERP
- How-to keywords (“how to make cold brew coffee”)
- Reviews (“beats by Dre review”)
- Tutorials (“Setting up WordPress”)
- Anything fitness or sports-related (“Cardio kickboxing”)
- Funny videos (“Cute animals”)